Glenwood Cemetery is one of the most beautiful and historic cemeteries in Ontario. With its rolling hills, winding dirt roads, and tall trees, the cemetery is typical of the Victorian era. It is the final resting place for many of the area’s early settlers and their families.
The designated heritage site has served several purposes. It was once the site of a brewery. In the early 1860’s, a tannery was located on the grounds. When the tanning factory closed in 1864, Glenwood became a farm until 1883 when it was chosen as the site for a new cemetery. Today, Glenwood retains all its 19th century charm and beauty.