Certified Funeral Celebrant Helma Oonk
The Board of Directors of Glenwood Cemetery is proud to announce the availability of a new service. Site manager Helma Oonk is now a certified Celebrant who is uniquely qualified to work with families at the time of loss. Helma will conduct a funeral service that reflects the personality and life-style of the deceased. She will work with the family or funeral director to see that music, video tributes, stories, and other ceremonies are an integral part of the service and will present a caring eulogy that represents the memories of your loved one. The time together will be one of sharing, remembering, and planning a service that honors the lost one’s life.
The Celebrant can serve at a funeral service, memorial service, graveside service, anniversary tribute, tree planting, bench dedication or any other gathering designed to honor the deceased.
“Every life is worth loving and remembering always.”
For a funeral service, memorial service and/or grave-side service please arrange a meeting with our Celebrant
Helma Oonk at 613-476-3511 or cell 613-849-9442
What is a Funeral Celebrant?
• A Celebrant is a person who is trained and certified to meet the needs of families during their time of loss. A Celebrant serves by providing a funeral service that is personalized to reflect the personality and life-style of the deceased.
Why Use a Certified Celebrant?
• The training for Celebrants established by the In-Sight Institute seeks to provide the most comprehensive and sensitive training available. It is important that you and your family know that you are being served by someone who understands the process and is prepared to offer the very best service possible.
Our Motto is: No More Cookie Cutter Funerals
Who needs a Celebrant?
• families who identify themselves as “Spiritual But Not Religious”
• families who do not have a minister or church affiliation
• families who want a unique, personalized service
• families who want a Life Tribute experience the evening before a liturgical service
What Does a Certified Celebrant Offer the Family?
• A Celebrant has been specifically trained to design a service for your loved one that is completely personal, incorporating those unique stories, songs and experiences that defined the loved one.
• A Celebrant will schedule a special Family Time for your family to share memories, anecdotes and special moments in the loved one’s life. The essence of the service will be based upon the remembrances of the family.
• The Celebrant will consult with you to help design a service that best reflects and memorializes the life of your loved one. The service can incorporate music, photos, personal mementos, and unique ceremonies to create a tribute to the life lived.
• The Celebrant can serve at a funeral service, memorial service, graveside service, anniversary tribute, tree planting, bench dedication or any other gathering designed to honor the deceased.
What is the Cost?
• The Celebrant will spend approximately 10 hours in preparation for your service as well as the expense of maintaining a resource library and on-going training. The fee range is $250 – $350 for a funeral service, memorial service and/or grave side service.
Where Does a Family Find a Celebrant?
• Contact Glenwood Cemetery Company at 613-476-3511 or email email@example.com
You also may consult with your funeral director about finding a Celebrant in your area or go to www.insightbooks.com and look under Find a Celebrant.